Hotfix 0.5.2.1 (20.06.2017)
-Added new Hunt a Hag Gamemode (still work in progress)
-Fixed the crash at the end of a round in random map cycle (if you still encounter a crash please send us the crashdumps found in %localappdata%\WitchIt\Saved\Crashes)
Patch 0.5.2 (15.06.2017)
We didn’t do too many changes this patch to see if there are new bugs because of the switch to the new unreal engine version.
-Added Steam Trading Cards (incl. Trading Cards, Badges, Backgrounds, Emotes)
-Added: Inventory Notifications. You will get a small icon if there is a new Item in your inventory
-Added: New Prop Layout for ‘Morgenstund’
-Added: New Prop Layout for ‘Grunewald at Night’
-Added: 3 New blacksmith Props
-Added several improvements to protect the game from unwanted modifications
-Added server name and player count to the ingame overview, so it’s easier to invite your friends to a specific server
-Changed: Updated to Unreal 4.16.1. This should fix several bugs and improves netcode.
-Changed: default state for smooth spectator cam. It’s now defaulted to not smoothed
-Changed: Improved initial loading times
-Changed Vote Kick Cooldown from 120 secs to 240 secs
-Fixed: various broken Map Spots
-Fixed Reward screen: It should now close correctly before the next round starts
-Fixed the “cheese under door” Glitch
Patch 0.5.1 (06.06.2017)
-Added first very rare Item
-Added music to the mainmenu
-Added tooltips for skin items
-Added “Tips” at the end of a round
-Added system to announce messages over dedicated server
-Added option to highlight witches as spectator in custom game
-Changed: As an attempt to prevent Ghosting we changed the visibility of witches for spectators on dedicated servers. It can still be enabled on player hosted games (custom game).
-Changed random player selection. You won’t be 4 times a hunter in a row anymore. Each time you are on one side, the chance of being the same side again is reduced.
-Changed the shuffle of Random Map Cycle, the chance is higher to get different maps now.
-Changed: Adjusted quickmatch to rather join dedicated servers instead of custom games.
-Changed: “Vote Kick” will now show the name of who initiated the kick. The reason text got replaced by a defined set of reasons. The time has been increased from 60s to 120s before the same user can start another vote kick. On custom games, only the host can start a vote kick.
-Changed the memory limit for dedicated servers from 300 Mb to 500 Mb, with this, the servers will last longer until they shutdown and restart.
-Fixed: Unlock Items and Random Drops are now working as intended
-Fixed Library map window collision
-Fixed many broken Map Spots
-Fixed: Skill unlock levels are now working as intended
-Fixed Skill names in reward screen
-Fixed: Server list showed games with 11/10 players etc. They are now greyed out.
-Fixed Random Map Cycle for dedicated server (please report if something is still weird there)
-Fixed loud rumble noise inside the Chummy Potato
-Fixed: Unlock Items and Random Drops are now working as intended
Version 0.5.0 Early Access:
-Added Witch Taunts (Keyboard 1 and 2)
-Added “Grunewald Library At Night” Map
-Added The Chummy Potato Inn to the Chummy Potato Map
-Added several new Prop Layouts
-Added Random Map Cycle option
-Added Player Icons
-Added lots of graphic settings
-Added all settings menus are ingame now
-Added Witch Skin Items
-Added more Hunter Skin Items
-Added Official Dedicated Servers
-Added Alpha and Beta Bonus Items
-Changed: Improved all UI Screens
-Changed Menu Map
-Changed: Updated all Fonts for better readability and also lower case support
-Changed: Player Level is now shown ingame
-Fixed several broken Map Spots
Version 0.4.3.1 BETA:
-Added a new Hotkey to switch spectator smooth camera: current binding is “Y”
-Changed: Reduced Potato resource cost from 0.2 to 0.15
-Fixed melee skill: Hitzone is working as intended again
Version 0.4.3 BETA:
– Added: Re-enabled “The Chummy Potato” map.
– Added a Stamina system to the Potato Throw, so hunters cannot spam infinitely.
– Added a slight bounce to the potato e.g. to make it easier to hit props on tables.
– Changed confusion time of the Mushroom skill from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
– Changed the time the Mushroom skill area exists from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
– Changed mana regeneration of the Fly skill from 20 mana per second to 10 mana per second.
– Changed the speed of the potato from 50 to 60.
– Changed the gravity of the potato from 0.5 to 0.3.
– Changed the potato spawn location, it will now fly more according to the crosshair.
– Changed several spots in “Morgenstund” including the Hunter start zone.
– Removed: As a hunter, you were able to see the player name of the witch, if you stood right in front of them (while the witch was turned into a prop). This has been removed.
Version 0.4.2 BETA:
– Added: The first map cycle is over. The playable, new maps are now “Grunewald Library” & “Morgenstund”.
– Changed: Removed the 2 existing maps to test balance and map bugs on the 2 new maps.
– Changed: For random team selection the game only starts automatically when at least 3 players are ingame.
– Changed: Reduced time until next match starts from 30 to 18 seconds.
– Fixed various spots in “The Chummy Potato”.
– Fixed speed and health of the small pumpkin.
– Fixed sound blast when using “Fly” skill.
– Fixed clamped velocity of the “Fly” skill.
– Fixed: Player count is now correctly displayed in the server browser.
– Added Hunter first person mesh and animation
– Added option to show ally witches (hidden by default in mobification)
– Changed the way how sleeping props are replicated, which should fix certain prop issues (some props are popping on interaction, wheelbarrow glitches etc.). This is an experimental change.
– Changed cooldown for transforming into other props from 0 to 0.5 seconds.
– Changed maximum amount of taunts per second to 1, stacking up to max 10 taunts if not used.
– Changed minimum resolution to 800×600.
– Changed: Increased the maximum bandwidth use per player on the server by 50%.
– Changed: Reduced chicken detection radius by 20%
– Changed: Reduced the movement speed of all props by 5%
– Fixed ping display: it should now show the correct ping
– Fixed: Hunters could sometimes see witches in hud in mobification mode
– Fixed house shader on low settings. Houses are no longer transparent on some Intel Gpus when settings are at low. It will still occur on higher settings. Updating the Gpu driver should fix this.
– Fixed transparent fade for flowerpots
– Fixed some spots in the Winter Dream map.(yes talking about the fence here)
– Fixed: Witches could transform into the same prop.
– Added 3rd person camera to the Hunter. Default key binding is “T”.
– Added Mobification (Infection) Game mode.
– Added Max hunters option for random team selection mode.
– Added visual and audio notification when a phase is about to end.
– Changed Hunter skin back to default skin.
– Changed Winter Dream Map: removed the christmas theme.
– Changed: Removed standard prop layout of the map and have 5 layouts instead.
– Changed: reduced the health of the book.
– Changed: reduced hide time from 30 to 20 secs.
– Changed: increased search time from 3 to 4 mins.
– Changed pitchfork model.
– Fixed: Hunters were able to move under the map when the plank at the doors disappeared at the start of the seeking phase.
– Fixed more broken map hiding spots.
– Fixed jumping wheel on the barrow. If it’s still happening please let us know.
– Fixed: Reverted physical movement is being calculated on server only because it leads to Server sleep out of sync issues.
– Fixed: SteamVR is no longer starting when the game starts.
– Added an experimental gamemode for more variety in gameplay. Select it in custom match.
– Added Fullscreen and VSync option.
– Added new easter egg props in random layouts.
– Added the option to sign up for the Holiday gifts in main menu.
– Changed: plate nerf: reduced health and speed also texture is now brighter.
– Changed: reduced apple and pear health.
– Fixed the glitch where hunters could look through the ceiling in start zone.
– Fixed map border areas where you could stand on an invisible wall
– Added new small Easter egg to the map (playable)
– Changed: plate is now a little bigger
– Changed physical movement is now being calculated on server only leading to less jitter on client.
– Changed several prop names
– Fixed various spots in the map (thx to Merez and his nice gif’s)
– Fixed game was not ending after last witch died.
– Fixed timer in random is not working properly.
– Added spam protection in chat.
– Added character limit in chat.
– Added closing chat by using escape.
– Added second bounce pad to the map.
– Added patch notes to mainmenu.
– Changed maximum amount of hunters to 4 in random team selection mode.
– Changed: temporarily removed hunter to hunter collisions to prevent bad player behavior
– Changed apple and pear size. Both are bigger now.
– Changed: disabled camera shaking and rolling in spectator mode.
– Changed maximum amount of players to 16 instead of 48 (sorry, but the experience really suffers with 48 players).
– Fixed deactivated player list (using tab) after joining into another game.
– Fixed lock function is being triggered when using shift if chat is open.
– Fixed timer for random team selection mode.
– Fixed game restarting if player leaves in team selection (especially in random team selection mode).
– Fixed many small hiding spots on the map.
– Fixed Music and sound volume saving.
– Fixed back button double click in KeyBinding settings.